Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cake! It's almost health food!

This week, I made the only thing I've ever liked that included zuchini..Chocolate Cake! That's really saying something, because I don't even like regular chocolate cake all that much. THis recipe, from allrecipes.com was my starting point. (Sorry Mom, I couldn't find your recipe)

Zucchini Chocolate Cake III

To make it even MORE healthy (sneaking the good stuff in to the kids) I replaced half of the oil with applesauce. (That makes 3/4 C applesauce and 3/4 C oil instead of 1.5 C oil)

The result is very sweet, very fudgy, almost to a cakelike brownie! As a kid, mom always had chocolate frosting. It's hard to get good non-dairy chocolate frosting, so I dusted it with powdered sugar, which looked fancy and was tasty too.

If you haven't eaten your veggies for dessert, it's time you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment