Sunday, August 8, 2010

Macerate, Masticate

As you may remember, I have peaches galore around here. We have processed 5 bushels so far!

So, as I wished my mother in law a Happy Birthday, my next question was: Would you like a peach pie?

Canned or frozen? I went with frozen since the canned were in syrup. But, in my search for a recipe or three, I see that frozen peach pie has a tendency for soupiness. But, I also read that I can let it "macerate" in sugar, and then reduce the juice down to a caramelly syrup. Now that sounds like something fun!

So, peaches are doing just that. In addition, for tonights "linner" (forced early meal because of scheduling conflicts) we are having grilled, rubbed pork chops and home fries.

Rub for pork chops (or any meat)\
Some brown sugar
some white sugar
some paprika
some ground mustard
any other combination of dried spices that smells good.

You cant mess it up, really! Sprinkle heavily on thawed meat and let it set however long it takes untl you are ready to throw it on the grill.

Homefries, much the same way!
clean and slice potatoes. add paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and olive oil. Put it all in a ziploc (or start with it there) and shake to death. Bake at 350 until done.

I know, these were even more directionless then normal..but i have stuff on the stove!

off and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment