Monday, June 28, 2010

About this Blog

Getting the hang of Blogger--it is my intention to have this as my home page. If I can make that change I will, if you know how to do it, let me know! This is only a temporary venture, and possibly a temporary home.

I like to talk about food. I like to cook, and I like to tell people what I cook and how I fixed it. I like to get creative with it, and I often make up recipes as I go along. I call this "winging it". It's fun, and usually delicious, but not recreatable. It will be difficult for anyone else to make things just the way I do, because I don't measure.

So why am I telling you about it then? Maybe you'll be inspired to get a little creative too! I usually look for a recipe, and then using that as a guide, I tweak it as I go along--because 9x out of 10 I don't have every ingredient listed anyway.

Everything I make is as easy and as fast as possible. I don't cook with wine, i don't cook with hard to find items, just regular everyday things that most people have in their pantry. KISS! right? (Keep it simple, sweetie)

I have already posted one of the most basic of my recipes. Crock Pot Chicken is my dad's very favorite meal, and as a child, my mom would fix it at least once a month.

This website is likely to evolve in much the same way. If people are interested, I'll write more. If they want pictures, I may post some (but likely not every time). If no one cares, I'll close the whole thing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment